Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ch1: Tweaking Presentations


In chapter 1, I learned a few things from Burmark, first of all the importance of the colors. Good to know which colors grab your audience attention immediately and which could do the opposite. Second, using templates, I never thought templates were bad, but now that I think about it, I don't think there has been a single time where I've used a template where I didn't make changes to its default text color or size. I totally agree with Burmark that we should all do a test run of our presentations before the actual presentation just in case something goes wrong or if the hardware doesn't function properly, it can be replaced before you start. I also agree in less is better and using applicable images to help your audience visualize what you are trying to convey. I really liked seeing the revised presentation that she did for her neighbor Dave, wow, what a big difference, it looked so much better after the tweaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment